Today was very productive. Tony and I got all of the boxes from the bedroom into the basement. So now that room is cleared out. He also started tearing down the walls between the bedrooms. I say 'tearing' but it was more like a skinny, paler, red headed Hulk with a crowbar smashing through the walls. He said he envisioned himself as a giant 80's cartoon character smashing through buildings.I got most of the hall done. When I got to the arch separating the rooms (the part with the cabinet) it turned out to be much more complex than the rest. I decided to save it for later since my arms were killing me and Tony wanted to go.
The trash in the back y
ard is becoming overwhelming. We are going to have to get it taken away, either by dumpster or Got Junk people. We need to get rates on dumpsters.We saw Mike later at a Super Bowl party (yay football!) and he told us that ceilings were a pain in the butt. He said to save as many as possible, because we'll either be lifting heavy ass sheet rock above our heads or we'll have to rent a lift (and that's still a pain in the butt). Good thing he told us because we planned on tearing them all down. Tony also asked him how much it would cost for his electric crew to re-wire the house. He said between $1500 to $2000 and it would be done in two days. If we have the money i think we should do it. I don't want to muddle through it and end up killing ourselves or burning the house down.
So the plan is 1) get all walls down 2) get insulation out of the attic 3) have house re-wired 4) fix ceilings or put up new ceilings where needed 5) put new insulation in the ceiling 6) put up new walls with wall insulation

No comments:
Post a Comment